On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Troy Murray wrote:

> I was just curious if the data that was lost was recoverable for
> Ashley, Cheryl or Dean.

The data isn't lost, it's just that it's in a "locked" state, where
the user will be forced to export their data from their "old" account,
and then import it into their "new" account.  We successfully done
this for Cheryl's user and Dean's user.  The ATS Help Desk has some
basic procedures to work through this.

> Also, I recently learned that Lansing Community College (LCC) has
> been using Google Apps, it looks like, since December 2007 (http://tinyurl.com/yevpp6a
> ), but maybe some of you knew that already.
>
> I recently started reading “The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from
> Edison to Google” (http://tinyurl.com/yal6prm) and now understand
> why Microsoft sees Google as a rival, it’s not the search, it’s the
> utility.  Interesting parallel the author draws between the advent
> and spread of electricity as a utility and Google.

./mk

--
Matt Kolb  <[log in to unmask]>
Assistant Director