From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Al Puzzuoli
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Exchange 2003, How Many Logons are considered normal?

I'm troubleshooting an issue for a user who keeps losing the ability to
connect to our exchange server.   The server keeps throwing Event 9646:
Mapi session "/O=MSU/OU=RCPD/cn=Recipients/cn=user" exceeded the maximum
of 32 objects of type "session".

I suspect what we're dealing with is a flaky connection to the network.
She keeps disconnecting, reconnecting and after 32 attempts, the server
just gets fed up and says "enough!"  So far, the only ways I have found
to make the server forgive and forget are either to reboot it, or just
wait a long time, obviously not ideal solutions.

My main question though is that while troubleshooting this, I looked at
logons for all users under System Manager.  I found that  all of my
users are showing multiple logons, usually ranging between 3 to 5.  In
the case of the user mentioned above, 32, and the user in the office
next to her had 12.  I wonder if I'm dealing with more of a  widespread
network issue than just one person?

How many concurrent logons should a single user have under normal
circumstances?

Thanks,

Al