Point well taken. Notice the word "temporary". Firm. -----Original Message----- From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Utter Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:35 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] How to force a new IP address from DHCP? "John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute." --Demolition Man But seriously, that's not an option. Please please please don't ever do that. You owe me a beer firm.. -- Jeff Utter -----Original Message----- From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charlot, Firmin Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:25 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] How to force a new IP address from DHCP? An immediate but temporary fix would be to manually assign an IP address from your DHCP range but you run the risk of that IP being assigned to another machine. Firm. -----Original Message----- From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David McFarlane Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:21 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] How to force a new IP address from DHCP? Ken, >In this specific case, you should file a problem with the ATS Help Desk, >specifying the IP address which is in conflict. Network Management >can, in the short term, remove that address from the pool of addresses >available for assignment. > >In the medium term, ATS would want to run down the presumed rogue >machine. Thanks, of course we did that right off. But my question stands -- in the short term, what could we do to restore network service to the user while waiting for ATS to track and shut down the rogue? -- dkm