HP ProCurve 1800-8G http://www.provantage.com/hewlett-packard-hp-j9029a-aba~7HEWN1AK.htm -----Original Message----- From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of STeve Andre' Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:53 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Looking for a good, $100 class 1G switch I have just discovered that my 1G switch, a $40ish thing from Newegg is doing bizarre things when I move files around here in my office. Overall I seem to get 13M/sec, as opposed to 35M/sec if I hook the laptop directly to another system. Worse, the data moves in fits and spurts, so I think I'm overloading the little things brain. Thus I ask if there are decent switches somewhere around $100 that actually work at G speeds. For $300 I know I can get good stuff, but cheaper? I have $100+ that I can spend. Thanks! --STeve Andre'