I think the real matter at hand here has been beat into the floor a few times now. So I'll just stick to answering the last question that was directed my way. David: What I meant is that there is no good way to solve the issue any faster than contacting us to hunt the rogue which we do quite quickly once we get the report. So I guess it's both, simply define "short run" to be less than the time it takes us to find and squash the rogue. I was not quick enough in thought to come up with the change the MAC suggestion that Chris Wolf used. In that case there is something you can do in the "short run". If you have further questions please feel free to email me directly. - Jeff Utter -----Original Message----- From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David McFarlane Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:06 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] How to force a new IP address from DHCP? Jeff, >It is generally a better overall move for us to spend the few >minutes it takes to hunt down the squatter and kick them from the >network via port block. OK, I am still missing something here. You have also said off-list that "there's basically no good way to fix it in the short run", which does not fit with your statement above that the fix only takes a "few minutes". So which is it? Thanks again, -- dkm