I dislike Outlook for this reason. 2007 (but not earlier), supports auto purge, so in effect it's the same thing. http://www.jasondunn.com/outlook-2007-auto-purge-rocks-247 http://antonperez.com/2007/06/28/outlook-2007-imap-auto-purge-option/ John Valenti wrote: > hi, > > I have someone using Outlook 2007 to access mail.msu.edu via IMAP. > When she deletes a message, it is marked for deletion on the server. > She would prefer it be moved to a deleted message folder on the local > computer (or perhaps on the server). > > I thought we used to do this with Outlook 2003 or 2000, but > researching it, people seem to say Outlook can't be configured that > way when using IMAP. > > Anybody have a work around for this? > > It seemed like it might be possible to create a button that would move > the selected message to a Deleted Messages folder, but I wanted to > check with NAG before digging into that deeper. > > -John > > PS - I don't think there needs to be anything special about the > deleted messages folder. It could just be a regular folder, no further > processing would be required on those messages. She just wants to be > able to find them if they were deleted accidently. >