ATS Network Management is planning to upgrade the SSL VPN code. This change is tentatively scheduled for Thursday March 19, 2009. This upgrade will require all SSL VPN users to have a matching upgrade on their PC. Users will need to log in as Administrator (presuming Windows) and then the client will automatically download and install when the user connects to http://vpn.msu.edu. Some MSUNAG list members had problems in the last upgrade with imaged machines, or with users who don't have Administrator privileges, because their upgrade work could not start until ATS upgraded the server. For these network admins, we can now offer early access to the new SSL VPN client code. Access could be in one of two ways: 1) I could mail you the standalone Windows installer file. 2) I can grant you short-term access to the development SSL VPN system, so you can download and install the code through the normal SSL VPN Java process. The two SSL VPN versions will coexist fine: the SSL VPN server determines which client version to launch. So if you upgrade a computer now, its user can still use the production SSL VPN service with the old client. Requests for access to me, please, not to the list. Discussion of general issues related to SSL VPN would be fine on the list, of course. -- Ken Josenhans Network Management Academic Technology Services Michigan State University [log in to unmask] 517-432-2935