Several users have reported these to me since last night, FYI.  It looks
like a slight variant on the usual phishing attacks.
(see example below)

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836
Fax: 517-432-6861

Current Chairperson of the
MSU Network Communications Community

>>> THE MSU.EDU WEB TEAM <[log in to unmask]>
5/1/2008 4:34 AM >>>

Dear Msu.edu Webmail Subscriber,

This message is from Msu.edu messaging center to all Msu.edu email
account owners. On Thu, May 1ST, 2008, from 9:00am until 9:00 PM, all
Mailhub systems will undergo regularly scheduled maintenance. Access to
your e-mail via the mail client will be unavailable for some time during
 this maintenance window. We are currently upgrading our data base and
e-mail account center - see homepage. We are deleting all Msu.edu email
account to create more space for new accounts.

To complete your Msu.edu Webmail account, you must reply to this  email
immediately and enter your password here (********) Failure to do  this
will immediately render your emailaddresshere(**********)deactivated
from our database.

You can also confirm your email address by logging into your Msu.edu
account at https://mail.msu.edu/cgi-bin/webmail?index=1

Thank you for using THE Msu.edu TEAM"

---- Msg sent via KSU Webmail - http://atmail.com/