Hi Richard:

The MSU Office of Planning & Budgets (OPB) <http://opbweb.opb.msu.edu/>
maintains a system called CLIFMS <http://ntweb1.ais.msu.edu/clifms/>
which contains the University's central data collection instruments
related to faculty work (the Faculty Effort Form and Professional
Accomplishment Form).  The data that these form take in is numbers and
percentages, not titles of articles  or books published, etc.  Many
different units on campus develop their own paper forms to collect a
wide range of data from faculty and then have support staff enter it
into the various appropriate university forms.  You should consider
contacting OPB for further information about these systems and maybe to
keep them abreast of your efforts as well.  For my own part, my office
(University Outreach) also maintains a form in CLIFMS to collect data
about noncredit instructional programs carried out by faculty and
academic staff.  I'd be happy to talk with you about that, if it is of
interest.

Take Care,
Burt Bargerstock

Burton A. Bargerstock
Assistant Director, Research & Technology
Office of University Outreach
Michigan State University
55 Kellogg Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1022