Thanks to VuDAT, MSU Library and UARC, the Web Accessibility Summit
(http://environmentsforhumans.com/2011/accessibility-summit/) will be
presented FOR FREE at the MSU Library, Tuesday, September 27. The
program runs from 10 AM to 6:30 PM, in the Instruction Room by the
Reference Desk on the first floor. Sign up here:
Come for a full-day, online conference with experts on web
accessibility, presented by Environments for Humans. Learn strategies
for captioning, how different screen readers handle HTML5 and ARIA,
integrating accessibility across multiple devices, how people with
disabilities access the web and more.
Here is the schedule:
* 10:00am – David Berman: Color for the Colorblind
* 11:00am – Jared Smith: The Inexactness of Web Accessibility
* Noon – Anitra Pavka: Accessibility & HMTL5
* 1:00pm – Jason Kiss: Screenreaders, ARIA & HTML5
* 3:00pm – Glenda Sims: Captioning Strategy
* 4:00pm – Henny Swan: Integrating Accessibility Across Devices
* 5:00pm – Matt May: Watch Your Language
* 6:00pm – Derek Featherstone: Everything I Know about Accessibility I
Learned from Star Wars
Grab a cup of joe and a donut (or something equally yummy) from the
Library cafe and join us for a day of accessibility insights and
techniques. Drop ins are encouraged. Laptops are not required.
Log in to the EBS portal (ebs.msu.edu).
Click on the Employee Self Service (ESS) tab.
Click on the "Training Opportunities" link.
Search for "Web Accessibility"
See you there!
Jiatyan Chen, VuDAT
Ranti Junus, MSU Libraries
Mike Elledge, UARC