Dave Olsen, a colleague at West Virginia University, recently gave a presentation about 'progressive mobile strategy'.
His slide deck is available here:
Some of Olsen's major points:
- Don't convert, create. Mobile can be transformative for your campus. Use the opportunity to innovate, not regurgitate.
- The question isn't native vs. mobile, it's how do we develop solutions to handle both as well as the devices of the future?
- APIs are the infrastructure for your mobile initiatives. Create once, publish everywhere.
- Native apps will be driven by vendors, and they should be transformative.
- Don't get stuck on platform. Focus on your targeted audiences and content, that will tell you which platform to use.