JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Farm Bill Biologist Manager
Application Deadline: March 29, 2010
Overview: Pheasants Forever, Inc.'s Farm Bill Biologists (FBB) provide
biological/wildlife technical assistance to landowners for USDA (NRCS and
FSA) and state wildlife agencies. FBB positions are the result of
partnerships with state wildlife agencies, USDA and numerous other partners.
The Farm Bill Biologist Program began with 4 employees in 2003 and has
expanded to include over 50 positions in 8 states. To date this program has
consulted with over 25,000 landowners on 1.3 million acres. Within the next
12 months this program is expected to expand even further. In order to
continue and expand this very successful program we are seeking a qualified
individual to manage this talented group of biologists.
Location: Midwestern United States
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 plus Health Benefits and Retirement Package
Reports to: VP of Field Operations
Working Conditions: This position involves 60-80 days of travel per year.
Technology Competencies: This person must be experienced at creating and
delivering PowerPoint presentations; including web-related delivery
Job Specifications: Minimum qualifications for this position include:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proven track record of producing outstanding results and building
* 5 years experience in the supervision of multiple employees.
* B.S. in business, communications, natural resources or related
* Budget planning and program development experience.
Responsibilities and Duties: This person will be responsible for the direct
and indirect oversight of Pheasants Forever FBBs. Emphasis will be placed
on team building, creating a supervisory/support infrastructure and working
with FBB Administrator to expand the existing program. Specific
* Ensure adequate supervision/coaching exists for all new and existing
FBB personnel. These responsibilities shall include goal setting,
performance reviews, and compensation adjustment, hiring, promoting and
* Develop/implement training and orientation programs for new FBBs.
* Work with Farm Bill Biologist Administrator to compile monthly
activity reports and other performance records as required by funding
* Provide timely communication with all Field Representatives and
Senior Field staff.
* Initiating dialog and creative thinking from current FBBs on
increasing FBB effectiveness in delivering conservation programs to
agriculture producers, Pheasants Forever chapter committees, and state or
federal agency personnel.
. Cooperatively plan and implement staff meetings, state meetings
and habitat workshops with the appropriate national staff.
* Provide input for, and meet, an annual budget.
To Apply: Send Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
Joy Eastman, Human Resource Manager
Pheasants Forever, Inc.
1783 Buerkle Circle
St. Paul, Minnesota 55110
Direct Dial: 651-209-4917
Email: [log in to unmask]
Successful applicants will prepare and present a 15-minute teleconference
seminar on a topic of their choosing prior to interviews.
Pheasants Forever is a an equal opportunity employer