MSUNAG Archives

Subject: Outlook 2007 IMAP deleted messages
From: John Valenti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:31:24 -0500

hi,

I have someone using Outlook 2007 to access mail.msu.edu via IMAP.
When she deletes a message, it is marked for deletion on the server.
She would prefer it be moved to a deleted message folder on the local
computer (or perhaps on the server).

I thought we used to do this with Outlook 2003 or 2000, but
researching it, people seem to say Outlook can't be configured that
way when using IMAP.

Anybody have a work around for this?

It seemed like it might be possible to create a button that would move
the selected message to a Deleted Messages folder, but I wanted to
check with NAG before digging into that deeper.

-John

PS - I don't think there needs to be anything special about the
deleted messages folder. It could just be a regular folder, no further
processing would be required on those messages.  She just wants to be
able to find them if they were deleted accidently.