MSUNAG Archives

Subject: Re: How to force a new IP address from DHCP?
From: Jeffrey Utter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:29:37 -0500

Could be set up this way yes.  However it could also be an entirely new
range that is used for these systems.

To answer David's question:
We could go about the necessary DHCP gymnastics to cause that single IP to
not be handed out in your pool.  It is generally a better overall move for
us to spend the few minutes it takes to hunt down the squatter and kick them
from the network via port block.  Also I don't seem to see a problem number
filed on this, are we talking in the hypothetical here?  If not please send
me the case number you have off-list so I can look into this issue.

--
Jeff Utter