MSUNAG Archives

Subject: Freezer Trick for HDs
From: Peter J Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:56:59 -0500

No one was more surprised then me this afternoon when a previously
unresponsive hard drive was left in the freezer over night, and lasted
long enough to get 800mb of data (we got ALL of the documents we
needed).  This particular failure sounded like the platters were a
little loose.

So, if you've tried everything else, this is worth a try.

As an aside, this is the 4th Toshiba HD I've had to replace out of
various Macs and PCs over the past 4 years.