MSUNAG Archives

Subject: Re: "Possible spam" messages
From: David McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:17:29 -0500

Chris,

>It looks as though you are seeing this message because you use Eudora. Some
>other programs, such as Webmail itself and Microsoft Outlook, don't display
>message headers by default so those users won't even be aware of it.  In
>Eudora, you can suppress the display of any and all headers, which is what I
>would do with this new header (X-Spam-Report) if I were still using Eudora.

Thanks.  Indeed, I do use Eudora, maybe that is why this does not
seem to bother others.  I do have it set to not display most message
headers by default (i.e., I have to press "blah blah blah" to see all
the headers), but the X-Spam headers still get displayed, maybe I am
just missing some other setting, I would be very glad if someone
could point that out to me.

>On the other hand, I agree that the message itself is totally incorrect. I
>think it's quite clear that the mail system has in fact NOT determined that
>the message is possible spam. The mail team shouldn't be making excuses for
>the wording of this header, but should fix it.

My sentiments exactly.

-- dkm