MICH-ORGANIC Archives

Subject: GPS/GIS in organic agriculture
From: Joel Gruver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Mar 2008 17:51:18 -0500

Hello folks,

I am considering writing a grant proposal related to the use of GPS/GIS technologies in organic agriculture.

If you fit into one of the following categories and are interested in communicating about current and potential applications of GPS/GIS technologies in organic agriculture, please drop me a line:

Organic farmers that are currently using or strongly considering using GPS/GIS technologies
Agricultural scientists with an interest in GPS/GIS technologies and organic agriculture
Agricultural professionals with an interest in GPS/GIS technologies and organic agriculture

Please forward this message to anyone that you think might be interested.

Joel

BTW If you are not familiar with the following publication, you might find it of interest:
Affordable Opportunities For Precision Farming: A practical way to support sustainable agriculture
By: Stefanie Aschmann, Robert Caldwell, and Larry Cutforth
http://policy.nrcs.usda.gov/media/pdf/TN_SA_1_A.pdf

Joel Gruver, PhD
Dept of Agriculture
Western Illinois University

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html