MICH-ORGANIC Archives

Subject: Blood meal/Bone meal
From: Susan Houghton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:07:31 -0400

Soes anyone know of a certified source of blood or bone meal in a quantity?

Does anyone have experience using either as an animal deterrent?  The deer,
racoons, skunks, fox, and turkeys are plentiful on our farm.  We can get a
permit to shoot the deer, but would prefer not to.

We have been using Hortonava trellis over heads of lettuce, but we are
running out, and that doesn't work for cabbage, broccoli, beans, or
watermelons.  Any advice about suggested controls would be appreciated.

Susan Houghton
Giving Tree Farm
15433 Turner Road
Lansing MI 48906
517-482-8885
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html